A potential security vulnerability affecting certain Intel Processors could lead to privilege escalation, information disclosure, or denial of service. Intel has released firmware updates to address the vulnerability.
- The vulnerability can be exploited locally by an authenticated user.
- The issue arises from a sequence of processor instructions.
- The vulnerability has a CVSS Base Score of 8.8 (High).
- Affected products include 10th and 11th Generation Intel Core processors, 3rd Generation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family, and Intel Xeon D Processor.
- Microcode updates have been provided for some processors, while others have already been mitigated.
- Users should update to the latest firmware versions provided by their system manufacturer.
- Intel acknowledges the internal discovery and reports from Google employees regarding this vulnerability.